As part of our efforts to provide education regarding lipedema, we have developed online courses to help people learn more about this disease. We offer a professional course for Physicians and Healthcare Providers, which qualifies for CME credits, as well as courses for women with lipedema, their families, friends and supporters, and the general population.
Courses for Physicians, Healthcare Providers, Patients and those with interest in lipedema
- This course reviews the diagnostic criteria, work up and differential diagnosis for patients with lipedema. Surgical and non-surgical treatment options are discussed. The physiology and pathophysiology of fat metabolism, lipedema research opportunities and obstacles to patient care are reviewed.
- Other online learning is available.
- The Disease They Call FAT is available as an overview about lipedema and the stories of several lipedema ladies and their journeys in discovering diagnosis and treatment. Many international experts, physicians, surgeons and researchers are also featured. The documentary offers a good overall understanding about lipedema.
- An Introduction to Lipedema: an online course about lipedema directed to support the community of those with interest in lipedema.
- Includes patient experiences, symptoms, possible causes, diagnosis, and treatment.
- It features patients, physicians, surgeons, researchers, and some of the world’s top experts in their fields.
- If you know you have lipedema, it will give you a breadth of information about the disease.
- If you are wondering if you have lipedema, it will most probably offer you an answer.
About The Friedman Center
The Friedman Center for Lymphedema Research and Treatment at The Center for Advanced Medicine at Northwell Health in New York was founded in 2013. Its focus has been on offering solutions for patients with lymphedema, a debilitating condition that occurs in many patients after cancer treatment.
The Friedman Center’s scope of care now includes treatment for lipedema, a condition that can also result in lymphedema. To that end, the Friedman Center has created the Lipedema Project, a comprehensive program to increase awareness and provide education, research and treatment for lipedema. The Friedman Center is proud to sponsor the lipedema documentary, The Disease They Call FAT, the 1st International Symposium on Lipedema, the Lipedema Think Tank, the Lipedema Solutions Forum for women with lipedema in April 2015 and this online CME eduring materials course for physicians.